Mr Mutzig is group insurance manager for Johnson Matthey. He has a background in French and English law followed by almost 25 years in the corporate risk and insurance industry.
The general assembly of FERMA chose six new board members in Brussels on 30 June, and confirmed Jo Willaert as president for an additional two-year term.
The board members elected and their national associations are:
- Philippe Cotelle (AMRAE - France)
- Helle Friberg (DARIM - Denmark)
- Tapio Huovinen (FinnRima - Finland)
- Gaëtan Lefèvre (BELRIM - Belgium)
- Xavier Mutzig (Airmic - UK)
- Laurent Nihoul (ALRiM - Luxembourg)
FERMA said it will be focusing on issues such as cyber risks, captives and BEPS, environmental liability, Brexit and the future of the EU.