The Federation of European Risk Management Associations FERMA (of which Airmic is a member) and Commercial Risk Europe are hosting the inaugural European Risk Management Awards at a gala dinner ceremony on 6 December in Brussels.
The purpose of the awards is to raise the profile of the profession within the wider business community and show the value that professional risk and insurance management can bring. The awards are a celebration of industry and professional excellence, high achievement and innovation.
The judging panel comprises leading risk professionals within FERMA and national association members “to ensure that these awards are created by risk managers for risk managers,” according to organisers of the ceremony.
The confirmed panel for 2016 is:
• Juan Carlos López Porcel, President, Agers (Spain)
• Julia Graham, Deputy CEO and Technical Director, Airmic (UK)
• Gaëtan Lefèvre, President, Belrim (Belgium)
• Helle Friberg, Darim (Denmark)
• Gilbert Canameras, Secretary General, Ferma
• Gilbert Van den Eynde, GvW (Germany)
• Carl Leeman, President, Ifrima
• Slawomir Pijanowski, President, Polrisk (Poland)
• Sabrina Hartusch, President, Sirm (Switzerland)
• Niclas Nelson, President, Swerma (Sweden)
Adrian Ladbury, editorial director of CRE, will act as chair of the judging panel.
Awards are divided into three categories: Excellence in risk management; Excellence in customer service; and Industry leadership. The deadline for entries is 12 September.
Once all nominations for each category have been received and verified, they will be judged to determine a shortlist that will be announced at the Ferma Seminar in Malta this October, as well as via the Commercial Risk Europe website.
The gala dinner will be attended by risk and insurance managers, executives from the insurance market, senior executives from the corporate sector and members of the European parliament.
Attendance at the awards gala dinner is free for risk managers.
For any further information and to secure your place at the awards gala dinner, please contact Stewart Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.