DOWNLOAD THE MENTORING GUIDE PDF HERE
Welcome to the Airmic Mentoring Scheme
The Airmic Mentoring Scheme gives Airmic members access to mentoring, supported by a platform provided by a specialist supplier who provides similar support for other professional bodies and associations like Airmic. This Airmic Scheme can supplement mentoring schemes provided by employers as it will involve mentors with relevant and specialist professional knowledge and skills.
The Scheme is an Airmic member benefit.
This Guide will help you get the most out of the Airmic Mentoring Scheme, whether you are a mentor or mentee, by providing a framework for the mentoring relationship and supporting processes.
Mentoring relationships are based upon encouragement, challenge, openness, mutual trust, respect and a willingness to share knowledge and learn.
To get the most out of the scheme, mentees should be:
- Committed – attend planned sessions and proactive in carrying out any actions agreed with their mentor
- Professional – be punctual, respect agreed ground rules, and talk openly and honestly with their mentor
- Challenging – be prepared to be challenged
- Mentee driven – have clear objectives and aims, which are set out at the start of the process
- Relevant – ensure the experience with their mentor meets their needs as a mentee
- Trusted – everything discussed should be considered as private by mentors and mentees
This Guide provides guidance for mentees in PART ONE and for mentors in PART TWO.
Guidance on supporting techniques is provided in PART THREE.
Guidance and a link to the Airmic Mentoring Scheme, which sets out how to apply to be a mentor or a mentee, is provided in PART FOUR.