Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and the principle of lifelong learning are essential for any professional wanting to further their career, develop new skills, enhance their knowledge and broaden their perspectives by learning from others. Mentoring offers an incredible opportunity to do just that, learning from industry experts who have many years of experience behind them.
Offering benefits for both mentor and mentee, in mentoring, a mentor focuses on encouraging and supporting mentees to make the most of their career, strengths and development needs; acting as a trusted confidante and sounding board to help mentees make informed decisions and solve problems; providing an unbiased and objective external perspective and honest and constructive feedback; and sharing their own experience of failures and successes.
To realise the value of mentoring and join the Mentoring Scheme, it takes just a few simple steps:
- Visit airmic.com/mentoring (you’ll also find the mentoring page on Airmic’s website)
- Sign up to the online portal by creating an account and completing a profile of skills and experience
- Choose a mentor from the mentor list that best matches your needs
- Once ‘matched’ with a mentor, agree a mentoring plan to set out goals for the mentoring relationship and how often you will meet (virtually or face to face when times allow)
- Meet regularly with your mentor to review progress
- Explore the online support and resources via the portal including Airmic’s Mentoring Guide, template documents, and general advice
Airmic always welcome prospective mentors to join the Scheme.
If you have any questions, please email Olabisi Porteous at email@example.com