Airmic is inviting members to apply for the next Business Excellence Programme.
The one-year programme is sponsored by AXA XL and developed in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University. The programme is designed for the risk management professional who is ready to use a foundation of professional qualifications and experience to build their business acumen and move them forward to the next stage of their career.
The programme will have six modules organised in different central London locations, each taking place between 9.00am and 1.00pm (see box for details). Each module will comprise a masterclass delivered by a subject matter expert complemented by insight from a senior management practitioner.
Business Excellence Programme, 2019 dates:
- 3 July 2019: Getting started - an insight into global megatrends
- 19 September 2019: Finance essentials made simple - the perspective of the finance director
- 7 November 2019: Business challenges of technology transformation - the perspective of the CISO
- 16 January 2020: Creation and capture of business value - the perspective of the CEO
- 12 March 2020: Soft skills as the new hard skills - the perspective of the CPO
- 7 May 2020: Corporate governance in the modern business world - the perspective of the board
There is no cost for Airmic members to take part, but it is expected that at least five of the six modules will be completed. Members must have the support of their employers. The programme, launched in 2018, has proved hugely popular. Shelene Baker-Lee of Centrica, a current delegate who has just completed her third module, commented: "Each module has been inspiring and thought-provoking. I thought the speakers were the highlight and the case studies really made the content relatable".
Places are limited to twenty, so members are advised to book now to avoid disappointment. Expressions of interest should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Excellence Programme is part of the Airmic Professional Journey which offers members education and support at each stage of their career.