“The fastTrack scheme seeks to deliver what the next generation of members are looking for - a programme of events, training and learning resources, tailored for those who are new to the industry and want to enhance their careers,” says Airmic membership manager Georgina Wainwright.
A new working party chaired by Maria Trouli of Barclays will oversee the scheme, which will build on the existing successful Airmic mentoring programme.
It is geared towards the following types of member:
- Those with less than five years’ professional experience
- Those who are new to Airmic and want to maximise the benefit
- Those who have recently moved into a new role or assumed additional responsibilities
- Those who have support roles in their team and are looking to enhance their knowledge
- Those who are keen to develop their personal network
- Anyone with junior staff that would benefit from the tailored learning
The working party will meet later in August to discuss how to take things forward. Those elements already agreed include an Academy course "Introduction to Insurance" and "Introduction to Risk Management", tailored online resources and an event at the annual conference.
Anyone interested in learning more can email firstname.lastname@example.org