Our national team of 400 insurance lawyers led by 40 partners prides itself on providing highly responsive solution driven expertise to leading global and national insurers, the London Market, insurance related intermediary organisations and also counts numerous 'household names' self-insured organisations amongst its clients.
We provide a full service claims proposition from first notification of loss through to strategic litigation across a broad range of insurance disciplines, including motor, casualty, property damage and business interruption, product liability, directors and officers, political risk and terrorism, professional risks, cyber, regulatory, reinsurance, subrogation, recoveries, marine and goods in transit. We handle all sizes of claims with an estimated £2.3 billion of claims reserves under our management at any one time.
Our service is by no means limited to claims we also provide strategic guidance for our insurer clients, monitoring the horizon for legislative, social and economic change, to help our clients either insulate against any negative effects or maximise any benefits. We not only monitor the horizon, but actively engage with the market to effect change. We are committed to engaging with our clients to develop a deep understanding of their complete legal needs and requirements.
Weightmans is a top 45 law firm with nine offices, with more than 1,300 people. The firm has grown rapidly because of its focus on two key aspects of its business: its clients and its people.
Our people are determined to achieve the best results for our clients. How we get there varies from organisation to organisation, person to person. No assumptions, no one-size-fits-all approach. We measure and monitor results to ensure that we are the preferred choice of legal service provider for our clients.
The firm’s structure has moved away from the traditional practice area law firm model and is aligned along two key divisions – Client relationships and Legal operations whilst being supported by Business services.
- A proud leading national player in insurance, with a formidable reputation and heritage
- Highly respected in the public sector, acting for many local, police and fire authorities and NHS trusts
- A provider of strong, diverse commercial services for public sector bodies, large institutions, owner-managed businesses and PLCs
- A full family and private client service including: wills, tax, probate and residential conveyancing
- A national firm with international reach and an extensive informal network of law firms in most foreign jurisdictions courtesy of its membership of Legalink and Insurance Law Global (ILG) network.
The firm’s clients include insurance companies, public sector organisations, UK PLCs, multinational companies, public sector organisations, education establishments, private individuals, SME’s and owner managed businesses.
Built environment, Education, Emergency services, Financial services, Health, Insurance, Leisure & hotels, Local government, Manufacturing, OMB, Retail, Social housing, Transport and logistics, Utilities.