The presentation will be divided into three parts as follows:
Part 1: Insurance Purpose
• This section will cover the history of Lloyd’s of London to illustrate how and why the modern insurance industry was founded.
Part 2: Insurance Principles
• This section will summarise the key principles of insurance: insurable interest, indemnity, contribution, subrogation, and proximate cause.
Part 3: Insurance in Practice
This section will outline the practicalities of commercial insurance today including:
• The types of insurance purchased including claims examples to illustrate the importance of these coverages
• How multinational insurance programmes are structured
• The different vehicles for transferring risk
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
• Explain how and why the modern insurance industry was founded.
• Cite the key principles of insurance
• State the types of insurance that companies purchase
• Outline how multinational programmes are structured
• Cite different vehicles for transferring risk
Sarah Gerken, Global Client Leader, Large and Complex Risks at Howden Group
Adam Reed, Managing Director, Large and Complex Risks at Howden Group