International Women's Day has occurred for well over a century with the first gathering held in 1911. The theme in 2021 for associated events being held throughout March is: "Choose to challenge. A challenged world is an alert world. And from challenge comes change".
Please join a fabulous panel to consider the achievements and future challenges of women in the risk and insurance professions. Our panellists will share their experiences and the lessons they have learned for ALL risk professionals to gain new perspectives, and to pave the way for future generations of women leaders. They will consider barriers in the sector which need to be overcome, and actions that need to be taken, to ensure that equity, diversity, and inclusion are a priority in the sector, and that women are given "a seat at the table".
A challenged world is an alert world. Individually, we are all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day:
- Raising awareness and stepping up
- Choosing to challenge and calling out gender bias and inequality.
- Choosing to seek out and celebrate women's achievements.
- Collectively, helping to create an inclusive world.
- From challenging comes change, and we choose to challenge.
- Celebrating the professional achievements of women
- Making a call to action for accelerating gender parity
- Raising awareness
- Influencing behaviour
- Challenging bias
- Reinforcing commitment
- Considering the covid-19 context
Sian Fisher, CEO, Chartered Insurance Institute
Sheila Cameron, CEO, Lloyd’s Market Association
Tracey Skinner, Chair, Airmic
Glenn Ellis, Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador, Airmic
Julia Graham, Airmic