The digitisation of society has been evolving for a number of years, but still, every now and again, we see something emerge which is really disruptive. Spotting and reacting appropriately to disruptive technology has become part of being in business. This session will look at the digital innovation space and highlight some of the truly disruptive elements it may contain. Examples will be made around disruptions we have seen, such as email, mobile telephony.
Disruptions that are underway with data, AI and Robotics and we can discuss disruptions that may happen as a result of 5G. As this is an insurance related session, we will also touch on the role insurance has to help protect us from the consequences of technology, both now and in the future.
This workshop will be relevant to the following members:
- Risk or insurance managers who need to plan mitigation for the future or are involved in agreeing technical investments for their organisations.
- Risk or insurance managers with some experience of strategy development or operations but wish to enhance and develop your understanding on this topic.
- Risk or insurance managers who are relatively new to risk and insurance management (with less than 10 years’ experience) and wish to improve your understanding of this topic.
- Gain an overview of some key digital developments that may be disruptive
- Share in some potential scenarios of disruption
- Be challenged on how people should react to these innovations