fastTrack workshops provide attendees with a fundamental understanding of the principles of risk and insurance management within a comfortable environment where questions and discussion are welcomed.
The formal presentation will run from 10am to 12pm, with lunch served afterwards.
This workshop will consider how organisations can go beyond avoiding the downside of risk to using risk management to identify and take advantage of business opportunities. In doing this they can become truly resilient. Airmic will work through each of the five principles of resilience:
- Risk radar: the ability to anticipate problems and see things in a different way will help an organisation develop an early warning system and be able to seize new opportunities.
- Resources and assets: well-diversified resources and assets provide the flexibility to respond to opportunities as well as adverse or changing circumstances.
- Relationships and networks: risk information flows freely throughout the organisation up to directors to prevent the 'risk blindness' that afflicts many boards.
- Rapid response: capability that prevents an incident escalating into a crisis or disaster because people and processes are in place to quickly restore things to normal.
- Review and adapt: learn from experience, including near misses and make the necessary changes and improvements to strategy, tactics, processes and capabilities