We are looking for a highly motivated team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills. As part of our Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you will work collaboratively, and be a champion of integrity throughout the company. As a Senior Risk Officer you will work closely with the Group Compliance Manager, Global General Counsel and Regional Legal Teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working with the Global Risk Director to promote a strong risk management culture
- Use excellent interpersonal skills to engage with colleagues and raise awareness of their risk management and insurance responsibilities
- Undertake risk reviews in line with the schedule agreed by the Risk Committee
- Support the business with their assessment of future ventures to identify possible risks
- Prepare guidance and training on risk and insurance issues
- Keep abreast of evolving best practices in risk, insurance and corporate governance
- Prepare reports for the Risk Committee as appropriate
- Understand our business – be able to contextualise risk issues in a business environment to balance business objectives with risk
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the business units are regularly reviewing and updating their risk registers. Frequent engagement with the business and challenge on their risk registers.
- Provide active support and involvement in the risk management process, such as co-ordinating risk registers, facilitating risk management workshops, monitoring activities and status reporting.
- Follow up on risk actions-whether actions agreed as part of risk reviews or planned controls that have been determined through reviews of risk registers
- Actively add content to the Risk Teams’ site that will assist the business in the management of their risks
- To act as a risk and control analyst, provide management with expert advice on the identification and assessment of business risks, and the design and construction of control and mitigation strategies.
- Provide support on the roll-out of group risk initiatives and group control programmes
- Collaborate with other assurance functions (e.g. Tech Assurance, Group Audit, Group Compliance) and ensure a coordinated approach to assurance and control development and implementation
- Understand the structure of the Group Insurance Programme and be able to provide answers/direction to the business and the wider LRC team
- Assist with the insurance renewal declaration process-global proposal forms and also country specific declarations e.g. property and liability country/business submissions
- Review and provide feedback on client insurance clauses
- Assist with the insurance premium allocation process and the review and processing of insurance premiums
- Provide advice and support on major projects in regard to insurance and related contractual matters.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience as a risk and/or insurance professional, with demonstratable experience working in a risk and/or insurance function
- Experience working for a multinational/multi-service line business
- Objective and constructive approach to problem solving
- Able to constructively challenge at all levels
- Proactive and comfortable engaging senior level management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to bring people along with them
- Risk management and/or insurance qualification
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.