When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you’ll be able to play a big part in the success of the next stage of our journey, with a fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can connect and explore. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe, and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 96 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. It’s big-scale stuff and we’re still growing.
Part of a diverse team who drive value through easyJet’s end to end Risk and Assurance process. The wider team identifies and reports on risks; provides assurance and insight on processes, capabilities and controls; prevents and investigates fraud; manages whistleblowing; and insures risks outside of appetite. Reporting to the Senior Internal Audit Manager (and with direct access to the Director of Risk & Assurance) this role is a key member of the team, supporting the delivery of the internal audit and assurance plan over current and future risks.
The Senior Internal Auditor will deliver comprehensive and demanding assurance (internal audit) and advisory reviews, focusing on adding value and helping to drive the business forward. In this dynamic environment the Senior Internal Auditor needs to be both a technically sound assurance expert and an articulate, commercially-aware advocate of effective, pragmatic processes and controls. The role will work across easyJet to drive value and opportunities, as well as the appropriate management of risks.
- Delivering robust, evidence-based assurance reviews that follow the agreed easyJet Internal Audit methodology including programme assurance projects.
- Leading audit clearance meetings (including with Executive Leadership Team and director level colleagues), resolving contentious issues, gaining cross-departmental agreement on control and process improvements.
- Delivering value-adding advisory engagements to provide insight to different areas of the business.
- Delivering high quality, clearly written reports and action plans to agreed deadlines.
- Working as part of a wider team on larger audits, as well as owning and planning a portfolio of their own reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Stakeholder management across easyJet in order to understand how this dynamic and exciting business is changing.
- Acting as a trusted source of controls expertise and consultancy within the business (while maintaining professional independence).
- Maintaining external networks and knowledge of professional developments in order to continuously improve methodologies and tools.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
The role holder is passionate about easyJet being the best low fares airline in the world and the brand proposition of low cost with care and convenience, and acts accordingly.
Key measures are to ensure:
- Delivery of assurance reports and the internal audit plan to deadlines.
- Positive feedback from stakeholders on the quality of assurance and value added.
- Positive and innovative enhancements to audit methodologies and tools.
- The flexibility and speed to co-ordinate reaction to new and changing risks.
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of risk management and safety for both customers and employees.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships and Teamwork. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- A qualified accountant or internal auditor (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA etc.) OR an auditor who is significantly qualified by experience
- A record of delivering high quality risk-based audit, assurance and advisory engagements.
- Has sufficient personal impact to influence and negotiate with senior management without compromising professional independence.
- Very strong report writing, presentational and meetings skills.
- Ability to plan a wide range of audits, with a variety of stakeholders, in a quickly changing environment.
- Experience managing key senior stakeholders and building business relationships.
- Experience in using data analytics would be desirable but not required.
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
This full-time role will be based in Luton and will be 40 hours per week. However, we work flexibly and support working from home up to 3 days per week. Occasional travel may be required (this is not expected to be more than 2-3 weeks of a year).