KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager experienced in the field of Professional Indemnity Insurance to join our Global Insurance Management Team (""GIMT""). The individual will work closely with other GIMT team members responsible for the management of KPMG's Global PII Program and will interface directly with a range of internal and external stakeholders including KPMG Member Firm Senior Partners, Risk Management Partners, General Counsels, insurers, brokers and other external insurance service providers.
The role will touch on all aspects of insurance program management including program design, policy wordings, coverage advice, premium allocation, insurance considerations associated with mergers, acquisiitons and disposals, insurance contracting and procurement and worldwide insurance regulatory compliance. There will also be opportunities to get involved in other classes of financial lines insurance including Directors & Officer Liability insurance and experience in this field would be a plus. The person must be a self-starter and team worker who can operate effectively in a global role.
Experience & knowledge
- Experience in the insurance sector at a senior level either as the insurance / risk manager of a professional services organisation or with an insurer (underwriting) or insurance broker (senior client advisory) role.
- Significant experience in providing advice and guidance in the field of professional liability insurance
- Proven experience of managing complex international insurance programs
- Demonstrable in-depth experience and understanding of professional indemnity insurance as a product and technical insurance issues, for example, regulatory compliance, drafting and interpretation of complex policy documentation, premium allocation methodologies,coverage issues etc.
- Strong understanding of legal liability concepts relevant to professional indemnity insurance.
- Experience in alternative methods and approaches to risk-financing, including self-insurance, captive programs, alternative risk transfer mechanisms and other non-conventional methods of protecting or smoothing the adverse financial effects of a negative event.
- Fluency in English; additional language skills may be an advantage
Technical skills, abilities & qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on delivering outputs to the highest quality standards
- Further education to degree level and professional qualifications from recognised industry association (Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute of Risk Management etc.) A background that has involved some legal training/experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to explain complex technical insurance matters in a clear and concise manner to a wide audience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to provide clear direction to team members and internal and external stakeholders with ability to prioritise conflicting demands
- Ability to maintain effective and collaborative relationships with key business leaders and external stakeholders such as insurers and brokers
- Ability to engage and deal with individuals across different functions, geographies and at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work in a high demanding environment where priorities can change quickly
About KPMG International
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries, have more than 220,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG International acts as a coordinating entity, carrying out business activities for the benefit of KPMG firms. More than 2,500 talented colleagues make up the KPMG International team, with a focus on ensuring global consistency and providing expertise to support member firms in the achievement of KPMG’s Trust and Growth ambition. KPMG International is comprised of a number of high-performing global teams, including: Global Advisory, Global Audit, Global Clients & Markets, Global Corporate Affairs, Global People, Global Quality and Risk Management, Global Tax & Legal, Global Technology and Knowledge, the International Office of General Counsel, and the Office of Chief Administrative Officer. Working together, our global team is changing the way our business operates, delivering value to our member firms and driving positive change in the communities we serve.
About the team
The Global Insurance Management Team (“GIMT”) is responsible for the management, oversight and coordination of KPMG's Global Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and First Party Cyber Insurance Programs providing business critical insurance to approximately 145 member firms within the KPMG network. The GIMT also provides management support for all the activities of the
KPMG Global Insurance Advisory Group (the ""GIAG""), an Advisory Group reporting to the Global Quality, Risk Management & Reputation Committee of the KPMG Global Board. The GIMT acts as a principal point of contact between insurers/brokers and KPMG Member Firms, providing counsel and guidance to KPMG Member Firms on matters pertaining to the Global PII and Cyber insurance programs and is involved in the development and procurement of other insurance placements for KPMG International.