When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you’ll be able to play a big part in the success of the next stage of our journey, with a fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can connect and explore. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we’re the UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe, and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 96 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. It’s big-scale stuff and we’re still growing.
This role forms a critical part of the Risk and Assurance (R&A) Function which has group wide accountability for all matters related to Risk, Audit, Insurance, Business Integrity and Fraud Prevention & Detection. The team is made up of a diverse group of subject matter experts and specialists covering a broad range of accountability.
The Function provides value to easyJet by helping the business to identify and manage risks (including appropriate risk transfer), assuring and advising on the control framework and preventing and addressing fraud & ethics issues. This creates both financial and cultural value for easyJet. Working across all business functions, we also work with a number of external stakeholders including risk consultants, academic institutions, banks, card schemes, fraud screening providers, technology providers, regulators, law enforcement, insurers, brokers, re-insurers, legal firms and loss adjusters.
This role reports into the Director of Risk and Assurance, who in turn reports jointly the CFO and Chair of the Audit Committee.
To identify, assess and report on existing and future corporate risks across easyJet. To manage easyJet’s Corporate Risk Framework and deliver all elements of the framework. To assist the business in their development of action plans to manage risks, whilst still delivering business opportunities.
The Senior Corporate Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Being the subject matter expert/ go to person for Corporate Risk, with referral to the Director of Risk and Assurance as necessary
- Providing input into the Risk and Assurance strategy, owning the execution of the risk aspects of that strategy
- Building and maintaining, alongside the Director of Risk and Assurance, appropriate internal and external relationships
- Managing, developing and delivering all elements of easyJet’s Corporate Risk Framework, including:
- Developing easyJet’s Corporate Risk Framework to align to evolving best practice, governance and business needs, including the use of appropriate systems to support the Corporate Risk framework
- Working with respective Airline Management Board (AMB) members, senior leadership and other stakeholders (for example Internal Audit, Legal & Compliance, Safety & Security, Business Resilience, Business integrity, Corporate Programmes) to identify key risks and opportunities that may affect the business
- Keeping up to date with current risk thinking, to identify emerging risks and share these with the business for consideration
- Assessing and monitoring the Corporate Risk Appetite of the business
- Running functional risk reviews to identify and record key risks and mitigations in place or for the future
- Monitoring and reporting on current risks and progress of the development of these risk mitigation activities and their effectiveness. Report on key corporate risks and their mitigations, both to internal stakeholders (including the Board, Audit Committee and AMB) and externally as part of statutory reporting
- Ensuring that appropriate governance requirements are met
- Maintaining easyJet’s corporate risk system to ensure that all data is relevant and up to date
- Working with the Internal Audit team to prepare and update a Risk and Assurance map to ascertain the current view of adequacy of assurance over key risk areas and identify any additional assurance activities required
- Manage commercial relationships with any outsourced service providers regarding Corporate Risk activity
- Be involved in key Corporate projects from a corporate risk perspective
- Design departmental procedures and guidelines; ensure all routine tasks/ procedures are documented and revised as needed. Ensure a continual improvement methodology is maintained
- Work alongside the Director of Risk and Assurance and Senior Insurance Manager to identify areas for risk transfer
- Work with the Internal Audit team to develop and update a Risk and Assurance map for the business
- Assist the Senior Insurance Manager with risk presentations to the insurance market
- Deputise for the Director of Risk and Assurance as and when required
- Attend external Risk forums to receive and share best practice
- As part of the wider Risk and Assurance team, promote ethical behaviour across the business. Conduct yourself with integrity and objectivity at all times
In line with the Competency Framework for job family HMP (Higher Management & Professional) which covers:
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer-term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- A true self-starter (and finisher), with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- An expert communicator, able to inspire and influence senior colleagues with the risk agenda, [including interpersonal, sensitivity, negotiation, influencing, written and presenting]
- Ability to challenge whilst building strong relationships, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to manage multiple streams of works simultaneously.
- Proven record of strong attention to detail, ensuring solutions answer key objectives that are aligned to vision
- Ability to find problems, formulate solutions and drive change. Creating an environment for continuous improvement across the team
- Ability to produce strategic thinking across multiple disciplines
- Sound commercial judgement is essential
- Ability to influence decision making at senior level
- Ability to reorganise/ restructure processes and outputs to enhance efficiency and value.
- Significant experience in risk, audit, or control; both theory and practice. Expertise in one or more of the following is essential; Corporate risk and assurance frameworks, planning and conducting functional risk reviews, bowtie methodology, statutory risk reporting.
- Proven track record in the management of risk and control frameworks in large, multinational organisations. Experience of developing or upgrading risk and control frameworks
- A formal Insurance/ risk management qualification is desirable
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across boundaries at all levels.
- Experience of managing external relationships
- Experience of effectively developing and using data to deliver risk improvements
- Experience of leading a risk, control or insurance function in a large complex FTSE 100/ 250 (or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas very simply at all levels
- Leading, with the ability to drive strong performance, develop talent and resolve performance issues
- Ability to manage upwards, across a number of executive roles
- Strong multi-tasking skills and experience of balancing priorities to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Good organisational skills – structured approach
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and manage numerous work streams simultaneously
- Innovative; willing to suggest and consider alternate approaches that deliver value to the business.
Qualification & Education
- High degree of numeracy
- Strong MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ Outlook and general computing skills
- A qualification in Risk is desirable
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 30% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough.
This full-time role will be based in Luton (Hybrid/remote working options available) and will be 40 hours per week. Remember, we are always #happytotalkflex.