Objectives of Role
- Ensuring that intu has a robust and appropriate risk framework to identify and manage current and future risks for the business.
- Further developing the risk methodology to maximise the value to the business
- Manage the risk review process across the business for Centres, Departments and relevant Committees, including opportunity and risk workshops
- Analysing data and information to identify areas of risk focus across the business.
- Reporting current and future risks to the business
- Identify and facilitate the sharing of best practice across the organisation to ensure that the business operates efficiently
- Note that as this role straddles the functions of the Risk and Assurance department, in addition to reporting to the Group Insurance Manager there will be a close relationship with both the Director of Risk and Assurance and the Head of Internal Audit in delivering this role
- Assist the Director of Risk and Assurance, Head of Internal Audit and Group Insurance Manager as required
Areas of Responsibility
- Working with the Group Insurance Manager, Head of Internal Audit and Director of Risk and Assurance, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the following:
- Risk Framework; Continue to develop and enhance the risk framework and methodology in line with applicable standards, ensuring effective, efficient and added value processes.
- Risk Identification; Horizon scanning to identify new and developing risks, also using data analytics to identify risk trends.
- Risk Communication and Reporting; Communicate up-and-coming risks to the business and ensure that these are being adequately considered and managed. Produce reports on current and future risks to the business, including reports for the Executive, the Board and the wider business. Generate appropriate management information and KPIs on risk. Draft the Risk pages for the annual statements. Publish a quarterly "Risk Radar" update.
- Risk Reviews; Lead the development and implementation of the Risk review process, increasing effectiveness, efficiency and added value to the business. Facilitate a number of risk reviews. Provide summaries of the risk reviews, including drawing out key themes for reporting.
- Opportunity and risk workshops: Conduct opportunity and risk workshops to identify areas of focus for future business initiatives
- Risk Actions; Monitor and advise on outstanding risk actions. Assist the business to reduce unnecessary risks, whilst maximising opportunities. Implement an appropriate system to manage risk actions.
- Risk Training; Educate and train the business on risk management, enhancing risk skills across the business.
- Audits; Participate in a number of audits, including the planning, fieldwork, review, reporting and completion of these audits. Where there is a team, manage the work of other team members and feedback constructively on their performance. Where audits are led by another team member, support them to deliver a quality audit.
- Team; indirectly manage members of the Risk and Assurance team assigned to facilitate or administer risk reviews or on audits, as identified above
- Assist with delivery and development of other areas of responsibility of the Risk and Assurance team as required
- Advise the business on risks and controls.
- Proven track record in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review data to highlight trends and themes
- Outgoing and engaging character, with the confidence to communicate at all levels of the organisation. Able to communicate persuasively, both verbally and in written work and drive solutions
- Commercially aware, with a supportive rather than adversarial attitude that uses the risk function to add value and drive the whole business forward
- Organised and able to prioritise workload to ensure delivery to deadlines
- Adaptable to meet changing needs
- A hands-on approach, prepared to work independently and as part of the team
- Have an ethical stance that can be held up as a role model in the business
- Qualified or experienced risk manager or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with five years plus commercial PQE and some experience of operational Internal Audit.
- Experience in Retail, Leisure or Property
What should you do if you are interested?
Apply through the vacancy portal, and upload your CV and a short covering note identifying:
- A summary of the value you have added through Risk Management in other organisations
- A short statement on what particularly interests you about this role.