Airmic is a UK association with a global perspective, dedicated to shaping the future of the risk management and insurance professions. Airmic provides a community for like-minded professionals to connect on a professional and personal level. Membership is open to everyone with a responsibility for risk and/or insurance within their organisation. Airmic represents the largest network of corporate risk and insurance professionals in the UK, who benefit from industry-shaping thought leadership, CPD-accredited education, events, peer networking and industry, technical and regional special interest communities.
Reporting to: Technical Director and Deputy CEO
The candidate will work in an agile and dynamic team located in the Airmic offices in central London and will have the following responsibilities:
- Professional Journey – Develop, communicate and embed the Airmic Professional Journey. The Airmic Professional Journey conceptualises the professional working life, its path and overall experience.
- Professional Competencies – Ensure the Airmic Professional Competency Framework reflects the Airmic Professional Journey. The Airmic Competency Framework describes the knowledge and skills required to progress within a current role and beyond.
- Learning and Development Programme – Ensure the Airmic Learning and Development Programme reflects the Professional Journey and Competency Framework and interplay with Airmic research, thought leadership, member and sponsor needs and the Airmic events agenda.
- The Academy – Develop and manage the Airmic Academy of CPD-accredited workshops, field trips and webinars.
- Bespoke Programmes – Develop and manage the fastTrack, Business Excellence and Risk Leadership Programmes which offer learning opportunities tailored to the position of an Airmic member in their Professional Journey.
- Mentoring Scheme – Manage the Airmic on-line mentoring scheme.
- Professional relationships – Act as the Airmic relationship manager with affiliated associations and institutes to ensure relationships support achievement of Airmic strategic and operational objectives.
- Delivery – Ensure the Education Programme uses maximises delivery mechanisms to reflect member learning needs and opportunities available through use of technology.
- University relationship management – Manage the relationship with Airmic university partners.
- Sponsors – Engage with Airmic sponsors to ensure that their needs and commitments are delivered.
- Industry – Manage education relationships with Government and regulators to ensure the voice and opinions of Airmic members are heard.
- Steering Groups – Contribute to Airmic committees to ensure Airmic members are engaged in developing and supporting the association’s learning and development objectives.
- Project management – Ensure projects are delivered to plan and within budget.
- Team-work – Work as part of the Airmic team to contribute to an inclusive working environment.
Knowledge and Experience Required
You will have:
- Relevant qualifications and post graduate experience in learning and development
- Advanced knowledge of education tools and techniques
- Mature project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Advanced social media skills
- The ability to network and collaborate successfully
- Experience in successfully managing business relationships
- Knowledge of risk or insurance is desirable
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Airmic offers a competitive package including performance bonus. The usual employment benefits are available.
To apply please send your covering letter, CV, and links to or soft copy examples of your portfolio to: email@example.com by Monday 16th December 2019.