FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're a full service in-house legal, corporate governance and compliance function, with lawyers in London, Porto, Shanghai, Moscow and New York. We provide solutions to challenging business matters and leadership and advice on strategic projects. We are a valued and integrated partner to global teams, in all business areas.
The Legal, Ethics & Compliance Team at Farfetch is growing in order to support the Company through the next phase of its ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the VP of Legal (North America) & Compliance you will enjoy a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for an insurance professional with excellent in house experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is excited about the opportunity to work with colleagues around the world and is driven to develop a world class insurance program that reflects the needs and nature of our business. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and continue to scale the global insurance program across Farfetch and its group companies by working in partnership with the broker
- You will be responsible for setting the annual insurance renewal strategy in accordance with renewal timelines, working closely with the broker and insurers to enhance coverage and pricing
- Own the insurance renewal process within Farfetch end-to-end; including data collection and analysis, applicable remarketing exercises, preparing for insurance market presentations including any necessary materials
- Prepare insurance renewal proposals across our insurances for the General Counsel and VP for Legal (North America) & Compliance.
- Ensure the timely sign off, placement and binding of all insurances
- Standardise insurance processes across teams ensuring relevant stakeholders across Farfetch are included in coverage and insurance placement discussions
- Drive the annual budgeting process for the Farfetch insurance program, taking into consideration the impact that market conditions and claims experience may have on pricing
- Support the Legal Team with claims management and responsible for managing the claims notification and claims process, settlement negotiations where applicable and insurance related contractual clauses
- Advising the business on insurance queries including insurance coverage and placement of insurances outside of renewal timelines Analyse claims data and trends to put in place proactive mitigating actions
- Provide solutions for key insurable risks Facilitate relationship management across the London insurance market with key insurers
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience as a global in-house insurance manager, ideally within a similar sector
- You are CII qualified at Dip CII level
- You are a self-starter, who thrives when working independently or as part of a team
- You possess a positive and approachable demeanour and have exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- You have an excellent ability to grasp insurance issues quickly, balance risks, exercise sound judgement, and take a practical approach in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced business environment
- You are solutions orientated
Reporting directly to the VP of Legal (North America) & Compliance you will enjoy a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for an insurance professional with excellent in house experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment