ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the Finance – Treasury.
This is a temporary role of 6 months, covering a long-term sick leave absence. The job holder will have key responsibilities in Group Insurance and therefore relevant insurance experience is a pre-requisite.
In relation to Group Insurance, the job holder’s responsibilities will include day to day responsibility for some of the principal Group insurance programmes. This involves not only supporting the renewal/placement of these programmes, and the associated administration, but also providing a technical escalation point for issues raised internally or externally. These lines of business may vary from time to time but will include some of our key P&C lines of insurance covering property, liability and financial lines.
Reports to: Head of Insurance & Group Risk
Reporting Level: Stand-alone position
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist the Group Head of Risk & Insurance in the implementation of the Group’s insurable risk strategy and to provide input into the decision making around insurance procurement, utilising the understanding of the group’s risk profile and risk tolerance.
- Support the delivery of key Global Insurance programmes. This includes all aspects of programme delivery from management of the relevant broker, joining and participating in discussions with lead insurers to reviewing and debating policy language and management of claims in relation to the line of business.
- Provide escalation point for queries arising from internal or external parties for allocated classes of business in order to ensure prompt resolution.
- Keep up to date with insurance market conditions and best practices.
- As is expected of other team members, deputise for the Group Head of Risk & Insurance on Insurance matters as necessary.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Relevant Risk Management or Insurance qualification is required.
- Relevant experience of placing and managing global insurance programmes is required.
- Experience with Captives would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of US insurance practices and terminology would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of BAT’s business and operating models is desirable but experience of insurance in large multinational organisations is required.
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication skills, able to produce high quality documents.
- Ability to simplify complex situations, synthesise, communicate and present complex information.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!