Smiths Group PLC is seeking to recruit an Insurance Manager to join the company on a permanent basis,
The appointee will be responsible for supporting the Insurance Director in the management and renewal of all Smiths commercial insurances, communicating directly with the divisions, brokers and Insurers to develop best practice and processes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE100 international of companies in a truly global insurance team, with the ability to gain excellent profile, leadership skills and international experience which can only lead to further career opportunities within the Smiths Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Group Insurance Director throughout the insurance renewal process, including:
- Manage the annual global underwriting data collection and Insurer presentation process;
- Liaise with and manage brokers, insurers and Smiths captive;
- Co-ordination of post placement activities including premium allocations, certificates and US audits.
- Act as the first point of contact for the business in providing advice and training with respect to insurance requirements in business contracts.
- Report and provide regular feedback to the Director of Insurance on significant affecting the Group.
- Manage claims between divisions, the broker and insurers and assist in managing relationships with claims adjusters, insurers and both divisional and external legal counsel and other claims related parties.
- Manage the production of regular and ad-hoc regulatory and financial reports for the global insurance programme covering performance, claims and data analytics to the Group Insurance Director.
- Provide risk and insurance support on acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Assist in identifying new insurable risks within the business and make recommendations for effective management of the risks.
- Other insurance and risk management projects as agreed with Group Insurance Director
Required skills and experience:
- Experience within the insurance industry, with knowledge of global commercial Insurances or a similar field (Legal / Finance / Risk). Ideally the individual will be currently working or have worked in a large multination broker, insurer or come from an inhouse insurance and risk team for a large multination company.
- Experience working in a commercially oriented environment, with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
- Must have global corporation experience.
- An asset - hands on experience of claims handling and reporting.
- Ideally a legal background or experience in reviewing insurance terms in business contract.
- Ability to manage multiple work packages, deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to build productive work relationships across borders and cultures.
- Have strong organisational and project management skills.
- Work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrate integrity, work accuracy and reliability.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written