At Cadent, as the UK’s largest gas distribution company, we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK in achieving its net zero targets by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
As our Insurance Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- delivering a comprehensive and cost-effective insurance programme that responds to Cadent’s key risks and needs.
- Managing our response to large and complex insurance claims as well as overseeing management of smaller claims.
You’ll be supported in this by two Insurance and Claims Specialists and a range of established service providers with a strong track record in supporting Cadent including brokers, 3rd party claims handlers, loss adjusters and claims litigation solicitors.
Whilst the existing insurance and claims processes are well-established, there is both a mindset of continual improvement and a range of exciting opportunities related to the development of the widescale use of hydrogen in the UK.
You’ll need to be a subject matter expert on all aspects of managing an insurance programme like Cadent’s and be enthusiastic about building close relationships with other areas of the business, to provide direction and advice on insurance-related matters.
- Manage the annual insurance renewal of the Operational Insurance Programme, ensuring the insurance strategy is aligned to our risks and activities
- Lead on the insurance arrangements for the Owner Controlled Insurance Programme (OCIP) covering construction works, providing timely and relevant claims information to internal colleagues and our contracting partners to help them identify areas of performance improvement
- Manage the annual renewal of the Group Life and Income Protection programmes, working closely with HR colleagues to complement other employee benefits
- Reviewing and vetting of insurance and liability clauses in contracts, ensuring each contract reflects the company’s risk appetite
- Using the perspective and data from the insurance and claims process to identify and promote the improvement of business performance and risk management
- Manage our response to potential new claims, as well as historic legacy industrial claims, by working closely with the Legal team and service providers to take a pragmatic and business focused approach
- Reviewing our current and future strategy, including considering risk financing to manage risk and optimise our approach
- Promote a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent and influential behaviours
- Degree, or equivalent, and an industry qualification or suitable and relevant experience
- Practical demonstrable market experience within the insurance and risk management profession gained from in-house positions, underwriting or insurance broking
- A sound knowledge of all of the usual lines of coverage purchased by a company the size and nature of Cadent
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating insurance terms and conditions including conducting policy wording reviews
- An ability to critically review diverse sources of information and data, draw conclusions and produce compelling insurance and claims analysis, reports, presentations and strategies
- Enthusiastic about being an integral part of the business with a drive to improve existing approaches and take advantage of future opportunities
Diversity and Inclusion
Don’t meet every single requirement listed?
Understanding, learning, and celebrating what makes us different, as well as what we have in common, is not only good for us as individuals but also enables us to work better together as one team. Cadent is committed to being an equitable and diverse employer that fosters an inclusive culture for all our employees, therefore, all our employment decisions are assessed based on qualifications, merit, and business need. So, if you’re excited about this opportunity but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification mentioned, we would still love for you to submit your application – You may just be the right person for this role or other opportunities at Cadent.
As a recognised Disability Confident Employer, we are proud to champion inclusion in the workplace and ensure to provide an environment that is accessible to all and supports individuals throughout their journey with Cadent. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process.
We place great importance on equity, diversity and inclusion, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our employee communities Women in Cadent, Pride at Work (LGBTQ+), Embrace (ethnicity and religion), Thrive! (disability) and the Cadent Military Community can’t wait to welcome you!