Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Group Insurance Director throughout the insurance renewal process, including:
- coordinating global underwriting data collection and insurer presentations;
- liaising with Smiths captive and coordinating broker, insurer and internal stakeholders’ responsibilities;
- managing post-placement activities including premium allocations, certificates and US audits.
- Act as a first point of contact for the business in providing technical advice and training on insurance requirements in business contracts.
- Provide regular feedback to Group Insurance Director and key internal stakeholders including divisional leadership on significant insurance matters affecting the Group.
- Manage claims between divisions, broker and insurers and build relationships with claims adjusters, insurers, legal counsel and other claims-related parties.
- Produce and present regular and ad-hoc insurance reports on claims data analytics and other topics as required to the Group Insurance Director, key internal stakeholders including divisional leadership, and EXCO.
- Provide risk and insurance support on acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Assist in identifying new insurable risks within the business and make recommendations for their effective management.
- Oversee insurance and risk management projects as agreed with Group Insurance Director
- Experience within the insurance industry, with knowledge of global commercial insurances.
- Experience working in a commercially orientated environment, with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
- Hands-on experience of claim management is preferred.
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating insurance terms in business contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- A team player with the ability to build productive work relationships across borders and cultures.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working towards a professional qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Share Smiths’ values.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field