Sustainable places. Connecting communities. Realising potential. We live by these principles to create great experiences for people, now and in the future.
We create places that make a lasting positive contribution to our communities and our planet. We bring people together, forming connections with each other and the spaces we create. And we provide our customers, partners and people with a platform to realise their full potential.
Purpose of job
The primary duties of this role include:
- Provide technical support to the Insurance Director in the provision of insurance services to Landsec
- Ensure that the management of insurable risks is carried out professionally and in accordance with insurer requirements or recommendations
- Provide technical input on insurance and risk matters as required
- Ownership of the disposals process in so far as it relates to insurance to ensure asset management teams are provided with robust due diligence and insurance solutions and insurers are provided with relevant and timely risk information;
- Manage the engineering insurance and inspection programme. Manage the Insurance teams relationship with relevant internal stakeholders and provide support by advising on cost-effective insurance solutions that meet the needs of the relevant project, liaising with insurers regarding project designs to ensure they meet insurer requirements, placing cover and policy
- Co-ordinate the renewal of the main property insurance programme through the gathering and supply of information to insurers in accordance with the Insurance Act 2015, review of policies and terms proposed, allocation of premium to occupiers and review of renewal documentation; extensions where required and overseeing the collation of the quarterly declaration of contract works;
- Support the Insurance Director in the delivery of the team objectives and provide technical support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Provision of day to day technical advice to Insurance Team customers;
- Represent the Insurance team in projects, committees and forums and communicate the Insurance team’s priorities.
- Accountable for the communication of insurer requirements and insurance and risk management processes to the business.
Decision making authority
Authority to place insurance as instructed by the business up to a premium value of £25,000
Authority to provide technical insurance and risk advice commensurate with level of knowledge, experience and qualification.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire confidence.
- Strong commitment to deliver results and make a meaningful contribution in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Well-organised and logical approach.
- Comfortable interacting with senior people within a business environment.
- Ability to negotiate knowledgeably with insurance brokers and to communicate the outcomes with the business.
- Understanding of key insurance and risk management principles and how to apply them in a business and commercial environment.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- ACII qualified or good progress
- Understanding of insurance policies and insurer requirements
- Progress towards Risk Management qualification.