Age UK’s vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be. We're passionately committed to helping as many people as possible love later life.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Group Insurance Officer to join the team in our London Head Office, on a permanent part time basis. Working 16 hours a week with flexible days to suit the successful candidate, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Insurance Officer to use their expertise in the handling and processing of insurance claims, ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and resolved in the best interests of Age UK.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing low value Property Damage claims from notification to settlement, including liaison with the business for claims information. In addition you will assist with the handling and processing of Public Liability and Employers’ Liability claims, and administer and maintain an up to date and accurate log of all claims being handled.
You will also liaise with the business to obtain and collate exposure information and values in relation to the renewal of the Group Insurance Programme, and provide basic insurance guidance to the Group.
- Demonstrable practical experience working within an insurance claims handling position
- Experience and knowledge of the principals and practice of insurance,
- Ability to maintain a log of claims being processed together with status
- The ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines and follow up as appropriate.
- Able to work on own initiative and develop relationships in the Group.
- Diplomatic and discrete – respecting the trust and confidence required to perform the function
Skills & Knowledge
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of the insurance claims management process, particularly Property, Public and Employers’ Liability claims
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.