Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Insurance Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Group Treasurer the job holder will be responsible for leading the Group’s insurance strategy, managing the global insurance programme and ensuring the Group’s insurable risks are identified and mitigated in accordance with the groups finance and governance framework.
Role Summary – Group Insurance Manager
Reporting to the Group Treasurer the job holder will be responsible for leading the Group’s insurance strategy, managing the global insurance programme and ensuring the Group’s insurable risks are identified and mitigated in accordance with the groups finance and governance framework.
The role sits within the Group Treasury team and provides information to the Risk and Audit Committees and the Board if required.
Informa has an established global and local insurance programme and the Group Insurance Manager is expected to assume the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare and negotiate the annual insurance renewal including data gathering and analysis across all insurance classes globally and all insurances, premium and coverage negotiations with underwriters.
- Manage all aspects of Informas’ global insurance programmes covering assets and liabilities and align each division with the Group’s risk retention and insurance strategy.
- Communicate the insurance strategy to the Group’s operating businesses. Develop relationships with the Divisions to understand their risk appetite and source appropriate insurance policies to cover these risks.
- Provide advice on all global and local insurance matters to the divisions and senior management
- Where necessary, and appropriate, providing assistance with managing and mitigating insurable risk within contracts (which may include RFPs and M&A).
- Supporting appropriate insurance decisions and promotion of best practices.
- Prepare appropriate reports and presentations on insurance arrangements to senior managers, the Board and other functions when required.
- Proactively identify future regulatory / legislative developments and trends that may affect the Group, recommending actions and supporting the Group Treasurer to influence insurance policy and strategy development.
- Working with the outsourced partner to investigate, evaluate and settle claims, both domestic and overseas, with relevant parties ensuring reasonable reimbursement from insurance companies.
- Manage the Group’s appointed global insurance broker relationship including fee negotiation.
- Build and maintain close relationships with major insurance companies and other brokers.
- Prepare policy declaration adjustments for event cancellation and other insurance schemes as required.
- Prepare annual insurance recharge to operating businesses and communicate Group approach.
- Prepare quarterly claims reports for the Risk and Audit Committee.
- Working closely with the Group and Local HR functions to ensure the Group leverages the insurance market in the provision of Workers Compensation arrangements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Manage indemnity scheme insurance arrangements and work with the business to develop alternative exhibitor insurance solutions globally.
- Liaise with the Head of Group Risk on Risk Map outcomes and deliver Risk Management solutions as required by the business e.g. Health and Safety, Cyber, etc.
- Assist the Group Treasurer and Head of Group Risk manage the Group’s risk appetite utilising financial markets.
Technical skills required
- Minimum of 5 years’ insurance management experience, in a multi-national business.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of insurance and experience of applying risk management methodologies.
- Previous track record of delivering insurance programmes in a complex environment incorporating a broad range of issues.
- Displays a comprehensive knowledge of market issues relating to insurance industry that will impact a large global corporate.
- Fulfil responsibilities to the highest professional and ethical standards, maintaining consistently high standards of work, loyalty and commitment
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- A practical and proactive solution-orientated attitude
- Communication skills to facilitate workshops with a demonstrable track-record of delivering change and improvement
- Ability to balance commercial and compliance risks
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Highly organised with a proven ability to work and prioritise under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of risk management best practice and the ability to apply it practically
- Professional qualifications that cover insurance.