This role is part of the Flight Operations Technical team, reporting to the Weight and Balance Manager. The Flight Operations Technical Analyst will become an important member of the team working closely with the Flight Operations Technical Team.
Provide technical analysis and support for all flight operation related topics. For example, weight and balance, performance, navigation, noise, emissions, certification.
The individual will provide a high level of technical support to various internal departments and liaise with aeroplane manufacturers, airports, regulatory authorities and ANSPs.
The role is ideally suited to someone who is a dynamic team player with a passion for aviation. Is keen to enhance their own knowledge base, an eye for detail and analytically minded.
- Cross functional support within all areas of flight operations.
- Assist the Weight and Balance manager in all weight and balance related matters.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Flight Ops pilot community and other areas within the business.
- Oversight and audit of technical information that is held both internally and externally.
- Support aircraft certification applications and maintain oversight.
- Analyse and interpret operational data to support cost control and efficiency initiatives.
- Operational optimisation.
- Support future operational project work and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures in accordance with the easyJet Operations Manuals and company systems.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Management of relevant operational manuals.
- Operational Risk assessments.
- Support for the established specialists in the flight operations technical department for business critical cross functional projects.
- Ensuring accuracy of aircraft data.
- Alignment of operational data.
- A strong safety culture, timely and accurate reporting and investigating of incidents
- Ensure compliance with company policy/procedures in accordance with the EasyJet Operations Manuals and company systems.
- Will liaise regularly with the Weight and Balance Manager in order to discuss results/feedback and development of systems and processes.
- Working closely with the existing team of Technical Specialists within Flight Operations. Supporting various internal departments.
Requirements of the Role
KEY SKILLS /REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and a science.
- Airline or aviation experience.
- Proven analytical and data management skills with experience using SQL.
- Well organised and have an excellent eye for detail when working under pressure.
- You will have experience working with large amounts of technical data.
- Succinct verbal and written communication of technical matters.
- Ability to work in a small, specialised team with a strong focus on innovation and efficiency.
- Proactive and resilient with the ability to manage workload to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Computer literate with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Python, Tableau would be advantageous but not essential.
- Weight and Balance experience would be an advantage. However full training will be provided.
- Navigation or aircraft performance experience. Training would be provided.
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 5% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
This full time role is based in Luton, we are hybrid working! #letstalkflex