Airmic is a UK association with a global perspective, dedicated to shaping the future of the risk management and insurance professions. Airmic provides a community for like-minded professionals to connect on a professional and personal level. Membership is open to everyone with a responsibility for risk and/or insurance within their organisation. Airmic represents the largest network of corporate risk and insurance professionals in the UK, who benefit from industry-shaping thought leadership, CPD-accredited education, events, peer networking and industry, technical and regional special interest communities.
Reporting to: Technical Director and Deputy CEO
The candidate will work in a dynamic team located in the Airmic offices in central London and will have the following responsibilities:
- Research – Lead research projects and conduct analysis of the results
Research may include the use of on-line tools, questionnaires and interviews and be undertaken in collaboration with Airmic members, Airmic sponsors, academic bodies and affiliated professional associations and institutes.
- Technical – Agree and deliver the Airmic Technical Programme
The Airmic Technical Programme underpins Airmic’s position as a thought leader and supports the Airmic learning and development and events programmes. The Programme comprises reports, technical guides, papers and material for the media channels used by Airmic.
- Business writing – Draft research and technical output using appropriate structures, language and delivery mechanisms.
- Stakeholder management – Manage research and technical stakeholders to ensure their needs are met and they are engaged and involved at every stage in the process.
- Presentation – Contribute to events which communicate Airmic’s research and technical output.
- Knowledge management – Ensure opportunities presented by digitalisation are reflected in Airmic’s research and technical planning, design and output.
- Steering Groups – Contribute to Airmic committees to ensure Airmic members are engaged in developing and supporting the association’s research and technical objectives.
- Project management – Ensure projects are delivered to plan and within budget.
- Team-work – Work as part of the Airmic team to contribute to an inclusive working environment.
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience of research methodologies, tools and techniques
- Outstanding writing skills in English and experience of authoring reports
- A portfolio of previous research and business writing
- Advanced interpersonal and social media skills
- The ability to network and collaborate
- Experience in managing business relationships
- Mature project management skills
- Relevant qualifications and postgraduate experience
- Knowledge and experience of risk management and/or insurance desirable
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. We are looking for a motivated candidate who can be effective in a small team.
Airmic offers a competitive package including a personal incentive programme based upon the successful completion of Key Performance Objectives. The usual employment benefits are available.
To apply or to register interest, please send your covering letter, CV, and links to or soft copy examples of your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 16th December 2019.