Airmic is a UK association with a global perspective, dedicated to shaping the future of the risk and insurance professions to make business more resilient and successful. Airmic provides a community for like-minded professionals to connect on a professional and personal level. Membership is open to everyone with a responsibility for risk and/or insurance within their organisation. Airmic represents the largest network of corporate risk and insurance professionals in the UK, who benefit from industry-shaping thought leadership, CPD-accredited education, events, peer networking and industry, technical and regional special interest communities.
Reporting to: CEO
The candidate will work in an agile and dynamic team located in the Airmic offices in central London and will have the following responsibilities:
- Partner relationships – Develop and lead on partnership growth, diversity, alignment and engagement strategy and co-ordinate relationships with partner contact teams. The Airmic Partner structure operates at four levels: Full Partners, Associate Partners, Preferred Service Providers and Marketplace.
- Communities – develop and facilitate Airmic communities. Airmic communities include member special interest groups, industry groups and regional groups.
- Membership growth and engagement – Line manage and support the Membership Co-ordinator. Oversee strategy and operations to achieve membership growth, retention and engagement. Airmic has almost 1,400 individual and 400 organisation members. Membership growth and engagement are vital for our mission and to maintain relevance to our Partners.
- Technical programme – Contribute to planning and disseminating Airmic’s programme of technical and thought leadership reports and guides, matching the needs of members with opportunities to collaborate with partners and affiliate organisations.
- Education and events programmes – liaise with the managers of these programmes to ensure that the partner, education and events programmes are mutually supportive.
- Steering Groups – Contribute to Airmic committees and ensure that committee and board members are engaged in developing and supporting the association’s partnership objectives.
- Project management – Ensure projects are delivered to plan and within budget.
- Team-work – Work as part of the Airmic team and contribute to an inclusive working environment.
Knowledge and Experience Required
You will have:
- Relevant qualifications and post graduate experience.
- The credibility to operate at a senior level in the field of insurance and risk.
- Knowledge of business development and business relationship tools and techniques.
- Mature project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Social media skills.
- An outgoing personality in combination with good listening skills and the ability to network and collaborate successfully.
- The successful candidate will ideally have 3-5 years’ experience in a risk or insurance role.
Airmic offers a competitive package including performance bonus. The usual employment benefits are available.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, highlighting your suitability for this role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 13th January 2020. If you have any questions about the role or the package, please address them to the same email address.